Skip to main content

Episode 2: It's A Knitting Miracle!


Welcome to episode 2!  Thank you so much for watching!  See below for links to all of the fun things I mentioned in this episode:

YARNS MENTIONED:

Voolenvine Yarns
I talked about my plans to make Sucky Thumb Mitts and vanilla socks using the Octopus Garden and Outlander (Misfit) colorways respectively.

Pandia's Jewels
"Can Missy Say Something Nice?" colorway for my WIP of the same name (pattern by JavaPurl Designs).  I also mentioned plans to make vanilla socks with PJ's Rainbow Butterfly Unicorn Kitten colorway.  The Cozy Memories blanket also features a square of Hello I'm Captain Jack colorway.

Supernatural Yarns
I'm making the Lidian Sweater with Wibbly Wobbly, Timey Wimey; also mentioned Frozen fiber from SY.  The Cozy Memories blanket features a square in the Molly vs. Bellatrix colorway.

Knit Picks Stroll Brights
Vanilla socks for my DD in Pucker and Highlighter Yellow!  SO fun!

PATTERNS MENTIONED:

Sucky Thumb Mitts by Marianne Cant

The Lidian Sweater by Jenn Emerson

Can Missy Say Something Nice?  Socks by JavaPurl Designs

Hello I'm Captain Jack Socks by JavaPurl Designs

Sock Yarn Blanket (Cozy Memories Blanket) by Shelly Kang

The Crochet Crowd Mystery Afghan CAL

Downton Abbey Mystery Shawls 2015 by MadCap

The Ron Weasley Blanket by Jackie Wierzbicki

PROJECT BAGS MENTIONED:

lovesockwool
My new adorable sock project bag; also check out her podcast and Ravelry group!

madbird
I've got several WIPs in madbird bags right now!

Addicted to Sock Knitting
Missy socks are currently in the TARDIS bag.

RAVELRY GROUPS MENTIONED:

Blaine Fleece & Fiber
My dear friend Jen is starting a fiber business; this is a really fun and friendly group with K/CALs, chat, and fibery fun!  Also check out her amazing blog where she chronicles the adventures of becoming a shepherdess (warning:  reading this may inspire you to spend time with sheep, lol!):  Sheep and Fate

Just For Fun Crochet
This is a super fun group hosted by another dear friend of mine, also named Jen!  There are lots of fun CALs, tons of great info, and a super friendly group to chat with.  Also check out her blog with beautiful creations and fun tutorials at Just For Fun

BOOKS AND TV SHOWS MENTIONED:

Deborah Harkness (author of the All Souls Trilogy)
This is the author of my FAVORITE trilogy of all time; check out her beautiful website!  Info on the All Souls Con can be found here.

Outlander TV show and the Outlander book series by Diana Gabaldon

PODCASTS MENTIONED:

Yarngasm Podcast

Geeky Girls Knit Podcast

lovesockwool Podcast

A Homespun House Podcast

The Bakery Bears Podcast



Comments

  1. Oh my heck - you are the BEST!!! I love hearing and seeing you - it's almost as good as having floo powder (almost, but not quite)!!! Thanks for the shout-out, and holy heck, you are making me want to buy more yarn and project bags...naughty, naughty, Jill! :) TACKLEHUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jill, so happy to have found your podcast and blog. I'm a HUGE Outlander fan, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 44: What Would Diana Bishop Drink?

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Voolenvine
Nomadic Yarns
Wooly Wonka …

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 42: Cast It On...Cast It ALL On!

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Brew City Yarns
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Yarn Enabler
The Cozy …