Skip to main content

Episode 1: Hello, My Name Is... What?

Hello!  Welcome to my new adventure!  I've been wanting to do a podcast for awhile now, and I decided to just stop talking about it and thinking about it and actually DO it.  I tend to learn as I go and learn by doing (kind of how I got into knitting, come to think of it!), so I figured the best way was to just shut up and do it! 

I'm calling it a podcast because that is what all the cool kids are doing, and the word "vlog" is so ugly.  Podcast sounds so much better, don't you think?  This adventure was born from a desire to talk about my favorite subjects..... knitting and crochet!  I really enjoy keeping my blog, but I find that writing is not the optimal medium for me at this point in my life.  I'm excited to try out podcasting and see if it is a better fit for me at this time, and I hope you all enjoy it!

For now, the episodes will be short and sweet, but I have SO many crazy fun plans in my head for future episodes!  I am SO excited about this!  So if you watch this, I humbly thank you, I hope you enjoy it, and I hope you keep checking back for more.

I do apologize for not holding projects/ yarns in this episode up high enough for the viewer to see them; I will work on a better angle for next time. Oh, and the title came from the rather hilarious fact that I totally forgot to introduce myself in the episode!  HA!  Maybe we'll save that for episode 2, and until then I will just have to remain a mystery!  ;)

Also, scroll down for the show notes and links to everything mentioned in this episode.

And now, would you pardon me while I SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE with excitement!!!!!!!!  :)

Patterns Mentioned in Episode 1:

Obliviate Mitts by Owl in Socks
In this episode I say that this pattern is available for free on Ravelry, and I apologize for this incorrect information!  It is NOT free, but its a wonderful pattern and well-worth the nominal fee.  My apologies to Owl in Socks for the misinformation!

The Lidian Sweater by Jenn Emerson
I talk about casting on for a KAL with the Knits for Boys group; this one will be for one of my sons.  I'll be using Supernatural Yarns fingering weight in Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly colorway.

Can Missy Say Something Nice? Doctor Who Inspired Socks by JavaPurl Designs
This is one of the sock patterns that I plan to knit for the forthcoming Doctor Who Sock KAL hosted by Pandia's Jewels, Geeky Girl Knits, and KnitRunDig.  I'll be using a colorway of the same name by Pandia's Jewels as part of the Doctor Who Villains Sock Kit.

Hello I'm Captain Jack Doctor Who Inspired Socks by JavaPurl Designs
This is one of the sock patterns that I plan to knit for the forthcoming Doctor Who Sock KAL hosted by Pandia's Jewels, Geeky Girl Knits, and KnitRunDig.  I'll be using a colorway of the same name by Pandia's Jewels as part of the Doctor Who Companions Sock Club.

The Crochet Crowd 2015 Mystery Afghan CAL
I'm working on this afghan CAL; the link above will take you to the Ravelry group.  There is also a Facebook group working on this mystery together!

Masked Turtle Hat by Joni Memmott/ BriAbby
Though I didn't show the hats I made in this episode, I did discuss them (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle hats); here's the link to the awesome pattern!

Yarns Mentioned in Episode 1:

Supernatural Yarns
My Molly Weasley socks were knit with the Molly vs. Bellatrix colorway; I'll be doing the Lidian Sweater in Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.  Both are fingerweight/ sock yarns.

Pandia's Jewels
Can Missy Say Something Nice? and Hello I'm Captain Jack colorways were discussed for April/ May sock projects; I also shared the lovely It's So Fluffy colorway.  All are fingering weight in PJ's Snug base.

See Jayne Knit
The Hermione Granger-inspired Obliviate mitts were knit with SJK's Mad Man With A Box colorway.

Knit Picks
I shared Knit Picks Stroll Brights in neon colors Hot Tamale, Pucker, Highlighter Yellow, and Vibrant Violet.  Also discussed Pickle Juice, though it wasn't shown.  Knit Picks Swish Brights (worsted) was shown in Sour Apple and Razzleberry.

Project Bags Mentioned in Episode 1:

Madbird
Large project clutch in Luna and Medium Project Bag in Mr. Fox were featured in Episode 1.

Addicted to Sock Knitting
TARDIS bag for my Doctor Who KAL socks featured in Episode 1.

Podcasts Mentioned in Episode 1:

Geeky Girls Knit Podcast
This is one of my FAVORITE podcasts; these ladies are amazing!  Please check them out if you haven't already. 

Comments

  1. You are so fun, and I lvioe seeing your smiling face!

    I also love mixing fandoms... doesn't get better than Potterers and Whovians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! I'm having so much fun planning episodes, and recording them. It shouldn't surprise me, though; I've been practicing talking to myself all my life! LOL!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this podcast!!!!! I can't wait to see the next one! Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; you are so sweet! I am having so much fun doing this! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Jill. I just found you through Molly at Homespun House. I really enjoyed your first podcast. I look forward to the next one! ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 54: Summer of Socks

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lovesockwool Podcast
Adelaide Cottage
lovesockwool
Jilly, aka veganjilly
Knitting Pipeline
Kimberly, aka Kimberly3706


Outlander KAL:  co-hosted with Joanna of Stitching the High Notes Podcast
The Stitching Plaza
Pandia's Jewels
Three Thimbles Studio
The Handmakers Bag
Twigs and Twine Yarn Co


MISC:

Lolo Did It
Sweet Kawaii Design (my favorite planner sticker shop!)
Erin Condren Design (get $10 off your first order with this li…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 51: Falling Off the "Wagonses"

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns

Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lo…