Skip to main content

Tiny Owl Knits 15 in 2015

I am really behind on my blogging!  To sum it up, a nasty respiratory virus hit my family a couple of weeks ago and seriously flattened me.  The kids missed school for a whole week, and we are all still recovering from the lingering effects of this nasty illness.  Ugh!  Thankfully we ARE getting better, though, and life goes on!

Of course, as anyone with a family knows, any setback like that (illness, surgery, trip, whatever) leads to major setbacks around the house.  Or maybe "pile-ups" is a more accurate term!  I've got laundry (both dirty and clean) piled up in any available place all over the house.  I'm really overdue on basic house cleaning tasks, so you won't see me entertaining anytime soon!  Oh, well.  I try not to stress about it too much, and for those people who DO actually visit us, I try to remember the adage "those who matter, don't mind.  And those who mind, don't matter!" 

I have been getting a lot of crafting done in all this melee of wonkiness.  During the illness, I did NOT feel like crafting, but it was better than sitting there feeling sorry for myself, so craft I did!  I actually have several FO's to update the blog about, and I will get to those in a bit.

FIRST!  I wanted to tell you all I joined yet ANOTHER KAL for 2015!!!  I believe this brings me up to four total now?  Who knows--I've lost count!  And possibly my sanity!  There is just so much I want to craft, and I really lack the ability to say "NO!" to myself.  Perhaps that is a skill I will learn someday!

I've been a fan of Tiny Owl Knits for years now (as most knitters are; how could you NOT love her patterns?!?!).  I first became aware of her a few years ago when many of my knitter friends were knitting her adorable Deer with Little Antlers Hat.  I LOVED this hat, and vowed to make it for one of my kids.  And then something shiny flew by, and who knows what I got sidetracked with then!

In 2013, Stephanie Dosen (aka Tiny Owl Knits) released her first book titled Woodland Knits.  It is as awesome and adorable as you would imagine!  I bought it as soon as it came out, and often looked through it and marveled at the beautiful pictures and imaginative designs.

But I still hadn't made anything from it!  I do this sometimes.  I will look at a pattern for years before I actually get off my duff to make it.  Do not ask me why.  I have no answers.  This year, though, I wanted things to be different!  I saw in TOK's Ravelry group that she was hosting a "15 TOK in 2015" challenge, and guess who threw her hat in the ring?  Yup, THIS GIRL!  I'm still marveling at my own insanity, but that's a post for another day!

I have already completed two items on my list (only 13 to go!), and will blog about those shortly.  In the meantime, here is my tentative list for what I would like to knit from TOK this year.  May the woodland sprites be ever in my favor!!!

  1. Free Rapunzel Completed February 3, 2015

  2. Dragon Watcher’s Hood Completed February 6, 2015

  3. Deer with Little Antlers Hat
  4. Wolfpup
  5. Woodland Hoodlet
  6. The Parseltongue hat
  7. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
  8. Catching Butterflies
  9. Twig
  10. Care of Magical Creatures Charm Bracelet
  11. Faerie Wings
  12. Amy March’s Slippers
  13. Forget-Me-Not
  14. Wildflower Crown
  15. Orchids and Fairy Lights
ALTERNATES:

Comments

  1. "I try to remember the adage "those who matter, don't mind. And those who mind, don't matter!" TRUTH!!!!! LOVE your blog, my dear!!!!! I can't wait to see all of the TOK projects rolling in! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 54: Summer of Socks

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lovesockwool Podcast
Adelaide Cottage
lovesockwool
Jilly, aka veganjilly
Knitting Pipeline
Kimberly, aka Kimberly3706


Outlander KAL:  co-hosted with Joanna of Stitching the High Notes Podcast
The Stitching Plaza
Pandia's Jewels
Three Thimbles Studio
The Handmakers Bag
Twigs and Twine Yarn Co


MISC:

Lolo Did It
Sweet Kawaii Design (my favorite planner sticker shop!)
Erin Condren Design (get $10 off your first order with this li…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 51: Falling Off the "Wagonses"

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns

Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lo…