Skip to main content

The FINAL Weasley Sweater of 2014

My Christmas crafting goals this year were lofty indeed.  So lofty, in fact, that I started working on them in January and have done little else all year long!  Here are a few things I've learned:

1.  I am VERY ambitious when I'm pregnant.  In the very beginning of January of this year, I was still pregnant and ready to pop, and that is when I made my crafting plans for the year ahead.  Everything seems do-able when you are that pregnant.  There is something about creating a life that makes you feel like a superhero, completely invincible and capable of absolutely anything.  So yeah, that was my mind frame when I set my crafting goals for the year!  (And no, I did NOT factor in the fact that I would be dealing with a newborn..... please see the above comment regarding "feeling like a superhero"!)

2.  I set the bar high this year, and though I reached all my goals, I feel like I've done nothing but knit for Christmas ALL YEAR LONG.  I think it might be a good idea to set the bar a tad lower, and spread those gifts out throughout the year. 

3.  Knitting is almost always fun.  ALMOST.  Except for when you are making the SAME pattern, FOUR times, and that pattern is very easy, very boring, and includes a few tedious details.  It becomes even MORE difficult when you have a queue packed to bursting with new, shiny, fun patterns, and piles of gorgeous sock yarn stacked up all over the house.  Factor in a toddler-like attention span, and you've got a recipe for trouble!

4.  I can be VERY competitive with myself.  Like cuh-razy competitive.  Truth be told, when I set "goals" for myself, I might as well just call them what they really are:  CHALLENGES.  I challenge myself, and I would move heaven and earth to complete those challenges.  This kind of grit and determination would be very useful qualities in ancient warrior peoples locked in the heat of battle, or perhaps a mother getting through the last stages of childbirth (sans epidural).  It seems a bit out-of-place to have such steely resolve when it comes to crafting, but for some reason, I have it.  It wasn't really an option for me to come up short on my goals.... I was going to get them done no matter what!  The casualties in this case come in the form of a dirty house and unwashed laundry.... but hey, I got the crafting done!!!  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 54: Summer of Socks

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lovesockwool Podcast
Adelaide Cottage
lovesockwool
Jilly, aka veganjilly
Knitting Pipeline
Kimberly, aka Kimberly3706


Outlander KAL:  co-hosted with Joanna of Stitching the High Notes Podcast
The Stitching Plaza
Pandia's Jewels
Three Thimbles Studio
The Handmakers Bag
Twigs and Twine Yarn Co


MISC:

Lolo Did It
Sweet Kawaii Design (my favorite planner sticker shop!)
Erin Condren Design (get $10 off your first order with this li…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 51: Falling Off the "Wagonses"

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns

Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lo…