Skip to main content

River Song "Spoilers!" Socks - August 2014 Socks

The eighth pair of twelve are COMPLETE!  These days mommy brain has completely and utterly taken me over.  In my every day life, this manifests as mixed up doctor appointments and putting the soymilk in the cupboard instead of the refrigerator.  In knitting, this manifests as wonky cables, random purls in the midst of stockinette, and other minor mistakes that will henceforth be referred to as "design elements"!!!

These socks are no exception to my craziness of late, but I love them anyway.  The mistakes are not noticeable, the yarn is freaking gorgeous, and it was a really fun pattern to knit.

Also, I learned something new:  the super stretchy bind-off!!!  Here is the tutorial I used to learn this AWESOME technique:

 
I cannot believe I have never used this technique before, because it is really great.  I guess its because I don't knit toe-up socks that often, but whatevs.... I am super happy to add this technique to my knitting repertoire!

Without further ado; here are my socks!



Yarn:  Spoilers by Pandia's Jewels (part of a Doctor Who Companion-inspired sock club)

Pattern:  Spoilers Socks (Doctor Who Inspired) by C. C. Almon

Needles:  US size 3 Addi Turbo Sock Rockets

Audiobook/ TV Show Accompaniment:  Princess Elizabeth's Spy (Book 2 in the Maggie Hope Mysteries) by Susan Elia Macneal; also episodes of Don't Be Tardy, Charmed, and Outlander

Start and Finish Dates:  July 28 - August 24, 2014

Total Yardage:  313 Yards




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 44: What Would Diana Bishop Drink?

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Voolenvine
Nomadic Yarns
Wooly Wonka …

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 42: Cast It On...Cast It ALL On!

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Brew City Yarns
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Yarn Enabler
The Cozy …