Skip to main content

Purple and Green Tassel Hat

I really need to come up with better names for my finished projects.  Sometimes I do; sometimes I come up with brilliant names for things, like when I made a Hexbreaker Shawl.  The pattern was actually called the "Divinity Shawl" by the pattern designer.  I knit it up just after having my third child, and it was a crazy time in our lives.  Not only were we adjusting to the new baby, but we had a terrible infestation of mice to deal with (NOT fun) along with some other general life craziness.  Why I thought it would be a good time to knit lace, I'm not sure, but that is what I did!

Anyway, by the time I had finished the shawl, things had calmed down, the mice were gone, and I had survived repeatedly ripping back to repair many mistakes I had made in the shawl.  Since it had magically coincided that life calmed down when the shawl came off the needles, I came to the oh-so-logical conclusion that the shawl had somehow broken the unnamed, unknown curse that had been afflicting our household.  It broke the hex, whatever it was, and I know the shawl did it!  (It is also possible that I'm just totally nuts, but we don't need to go there!)  ;)

So why is it that I can come up with this hilarious (if not ridiculous) stories and names for my projects some of the time, and then other times its like, "Round Hat."  Not fancy enough?  How about "Round Hat with Brim."  Boom.  Now that one's catchy.

Sadly, this is where we are with this hat I just finished.  It is purple, and green, and it has tassels.  Can you possibly imagine HOW I came up with the name "Purple and Green Tassel Hat"?!?!?!  It's a stumper!

Here is my adorable son modeling this hat for me, which will be a Christmas present.  For someone.  I'm not sure who yet, but I would recommend being really really nice to me between now and December.... it could be you!  ;)



The top picture does NOT show the true colors of the hat; the ones with my son wearing the hat DO.  I have no idea why that happened; blame the iPhone.

The yarn is Vanna's Choice in colorway names that no longer dwell in my memory.  Needles?  Hm.... I think they were Addi Turbo Lace interchangeable.  Yeah, that's it!  I hate making tassels and pom-poms and usually avoid them like the plague, but I made a hat similar to this for my husband last Christmas and I kinda loved the cuteness of it (judging by how infrequently my husband wears his hat, I have to assume he disagrees with me on that point!). 

If I keep going at this rate, I will be SO ready for Christmas, with a ton of knitted goodness for everyone in my life.  However, I'm not sure if I will do this again.  Its taking me ALL YEAR to knit for one holiday!  Seems a bit crazy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 44: What Would Diana Bishop Drink?

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Voolenvine
Nomadic Yarns
Wooly Wonka …

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 42: Cast It On...Cast It ALL On!

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Brew City Yarns
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Yarn Enabler
The Cozy …