Skip to main content

Gold Ribbon Craft Hat: Cast-On

I recently found out about an awesome charity called Gold Ribbon Craft.  The charity aims to raise awareness of childhood cancer.  The way it works is, crafters create beautiful gold ribbon hats (knitted or crocheted) and they are sent out to celebrities.  In September, which is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, celebrities will hopefully use their social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.) to publish photos of themselves wearing the hats, thus bringing attention to this great cause.

This all came about because of a woman who has an incredibly courageous daughter named Bronwyn.  Bronwyn fought leukemia, and more recently had a successful heart transplant.  Please check out her page on Facebook; I tell you, this story is so incredibly inspiring!  It made me want to do something, ANYTHING, to help.  And so, I knit!

This morning I cast on for my first gold ribbon hat:
It was a delightful morning.  We've been crazy busy around here, running around almost nonstop, and today I was able to just STOP.  Well, kinda.  I've been in my jammies all day, and in between the usual chaos of mommyhood (that never really stops), I've gotten a few minutes of stitching in.  I'm doing so while listening to the audiobook version of one of my all-time favorite books, *A Discovery of Witches* by Deborah Harkness.  The third book in the series comes out in July, so I'm participating in a RAL in preparation for the exciting event!  (I'm embarrassed to admit I'm also reading the print version of the book along with the audiobook... because I am THAT obsessed!)

Its been a rainy day off and on here, and looks like that will continue for the remainder of the day.  I'm looking forward to hubby getting home from work, and we'll get to have some family time before the hectic-ness of a new week begins.  Tonight:  pizza and a movie!  And more knitting!  Yeah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 44: What Would Diana Bishop Drink?

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Voolenvine
Nomadic Yarns
Wooly Wonka …

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 42: Cast It On...Cast It ALL On!

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Brew City Yarns
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Yarn Enabler
The Cozy …