Skip to main content

Coming Soon: Finished Shawl!

This week has been crazy.  In addition to the normal hectic-ness of work, school, and now soccer, I've been planning a party for my kids, baking goods for the worldwide vegan bake sale, and sending out press releases for an event I volunteered to help out with.  Its been nonstop, go-go-go, then pass out on the pillow at 9:30 p.m.  Usually I go to bed and knit or read for awhile... not this week!  I barely remember pulling the covers up before I'm out like a light!

Consequently, I've hardly knit a stitch this week.  On Sunday (or was it Monday?) I actually FINISHED the shawl!  Okay, yes, it was Sunday.  I remember because I was watching "Titanic" and trying to relax before the onslaught of the crazy week ahead.  You all watch "Titanic" to relax too, right?  ;)  Anyway, I decided I didn't need no stinkin' pattern, and since I had memorized it by this time, kept stitching away, thinking it was my final repeat.

My Spidey senses started tingling and I checked the pattern only to find that, for the final repeat, I was supposed to have STOPPED at row 7 to do the finishing sequence.  I had just completed row 10.  So I got to do some tinking.... 3 rows of it. That doesn't sound so overwhelming except that you have to remember two things:  #1, this is LACE.  Tinking is no joke when you are dealing with lace (and those of you who are thinking, "why didn't she put in a lifeline?"  All I can say is that I'm one of those crazy cocky knitters who never thinks I need one, and I always end up regretting that!), and #2, at this point I had 300+ stitches. 

Nevertheless, I fortified myself with a few chocolate chips, and proceeded to tink all those stitches as the Titanic loudly and violently sank on the screen before me.  (Sidenote:  I haven't seen this movie in years, but I loved it so much when it came out, I saw it in theaters twice.... it was fun to reminisce.... what a stressful movie, though!) 

The next day, Monday, I worked on the shawl here and there and managed to complete the finishing sequence as well as the cast-off.  BOOYAH!  Dang it felt good to cast off!

And now it is time to weave in the ends and block that thing.  Guess what, though?  Its been sitting on my dresser since Monday night, untouched.  I've been looking at it every day saying "I'll get to it today," but everything else going on has prevented me from doing so.

So there is your update.  Not much of an update, I know, but hopefully within the next few days I will have a beautiful, freshly blocked shawl to share with you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 44: What Would Diana Bishop Drink?

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Voolenvine
Nomadic Yarns
Wooly Wonka …

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 42: Cast It On...Cast It ALL On!

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Brew City Yarns
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Yarn Enabler
The Cozy …