Skip to main content

April 2014 Socks Complete

This will be a short post, because its late and I'm tired and it has been a cuh-razy long day/ weekend/ month!  I am so pleased that I got April's socks done, however, and this makes pair number FOUR of the year, which means I am still on-track for getting 12 done in 12 months!  Also, this is the SECOND pair that I intend to give as a Christmas gift, which means the SECOND gift is done and its only April.  Feelin' pretty good about that!  This pair is intended for son #3.  He loves pink and princess things, hence the pink toes and cuffs.  He also loves blue, so I made the body of the socks blue.  Its the perfect little marriage of color for my darling little guy.

One technical note:  this is also my second pair that I have made now WITHOUT any pattern.  I think this pair came out better than March's pair.  In other words, I think I'm getting better at understanding and creating basic sock structure.  Maybe after one more pair of patternless plain socks, I will try to create a pattern of my own... that is the goal!
Start Date:  April 19, 2014

Completion Date:  April 28, 2014

Yarn:  Vanna's Choice

Pattern:  None; improvised

Needles:  Knit Picks Harmony Interchangeables, size US 9

Project Bag:  Shockingly?  None!  I've been working on these strictly at home and only trekking them between living room and bedroom apparently didn't require a project bag... I didn't even realize this until now.  This is a travesty that will definitely be corrected for the next pair of socks.  To be without a project bag is like going out of the house without pants on; in other words, simply unacceptable!

And that's it for April's socks!  Done-o, complete-o, finished-o.  And now I'm off to bed, if I can tear myself away from the self-imposed Community marathon I'm currently enjoying...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 54: Summer of Socks

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lovesockwool Podcast
Adelaide Cottage
lovesockwool
Jilly, aka veganjilly
Knitting Pipeline
Kimberly, aka Kimberly3706


Outlander KAL:  co-hosted with Joanna of Stitching the High Notes Podcast
The Stitching Plaza
Pandia's Jewels
Three Thimbles Studio
The Handmakers Bag
Twigs and Twine Yarn Co


MISC:

Lolo Did It
Sweet Kawaii Design (my favorite planner sticker shop!)
Erin Condren Design (get $10 off your first order with this li…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 51: Falling Off the "Wagonses"

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns

Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lo…