Skip to main content

April 2014 Socks: Cast-On

I cast on for my April socks yesterday.  These are intended as a Christmas gift for my youngest son, and this, my friends, marks the SECOND (yes, SECOND!!!!!!) Christmas gift I will have completed this year!  Do you know what this means?  No last minute rush of knitted madness, frantically stitching in the middle of the night from December 1st through the 24th trying to finish every last gift.... not this year!  Nope!  I'm planning ahead!

Well, maybe.  I'll probably still be frantically stitching because I always think of new recipients at the last minute, and even when its 11:45 p.m. on Christmas Eve and I remember that I forgot to knit a hat for the UPS person, I think, "15 minutes to go.... I can DO this!!!!"  I think I'm addicted to adrenaline or something.  Because nothing says adrenaline like pointy sticks and yarn!!!!

I digress... a lot.  Back to socks!  Here is the cast-on picture, which I took against the backdrop of my baby daughter.  I realized her outfit has the same colors as the sock I'm knitting, and since I didn't plan that, I thought it was pretty cool.
I've already just about finished the first one; I just have to graft the toe and weave in ends.  I thought I would have it done this morning, but it is a holiday and therefore rather busy!  Here is the almost-finished-first sock:
Yay for April socks!  Completed pair will be posted soon, no doubt.  I stitched most of these while watching "Secret Princes," a silly TLC show with the hubs.  When did TLC become nonstop trashy reality shows?  I'm not complaining.  I love it.  I just can't figure out how "The Learning Channel" is teaching me anything with reality shows......?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 54: Summer of Socks

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lovesockwool Podcast
Adelaide Cottage
lovesockwool
Jilly, aka veganjilly
Knitting Pipeline
Kimberly, aka Kimberly3706


Outlander KAL:  co-hosted with Joanna of Stitching the High Notes Podcast
The Stitching Plaza
Pandia's Jewels
Three Thimbles Studio
The Handmakers Bag
Twigs and Twine Yarn Co


MISC:

Lolo Did It
Sweet Kawaii Design (my favorite planner sticker shop!)
Erin Condren Design (get $10 off your first order with this li…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 51: Falling Off the "Wagonses"

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns

Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with Sara of the lo…