Skip to main content

Hufflepuff Shawl KAL/ Vickie Howell's Long-Distance Shawl KAL

I'm doing two KAL's in one this coming month!  My Hufflepuff pals and I are doing a shawl KAL, in which you can choose any pattern and any yarn.  I'm also joining in on Vickie Howell's current KAL (they appear in each issue of *Knit Simple* magazine).  I've done some Vickie Howell KALs before and I love them.  There is a group on Ravelry and Facebook that you can join to see how others are doing, too!

Today is the official cast-on date for the Hufflepuff Shawl KAL, and I've got my supplies ready!
I'm using Annie Yarn Madison worsted in O'Tealy.  I don't know if you can see from the picture, but it is crazy gorgeous... lots of tealy, greeny, bluey shades all mishmashed together in three skeins of gorgeousness.  Last night I got the yarn wound up into cakes, and as silly as it may sound, I hated to unskein these!!!  The skeins were beautifully braided, and call me crazy, but there is just something beautiful about a lovely yarn wrapped up into its fancy little skein.  Cakes are cute, too, don't get me wrong... but skeins are so classy!

Okay, who else do you know who could go on and on about the beauty of a skein?  Yikes, crazy much?  Moving on!  As you can see, I've got my issue of *Knit Simple* with the pattern right there and ready to go (and if you can't see how pretty the finished shawl is in this picture, go check it out on Ravelry or get yourself the magazine... it is so pretty!).  I'm using my favorite Knit Picks interchangeables, size 7, and of course a Harry Potter bag by Slipped Stitch Studios.  Gotta represent!!!!!

And that is all for now... I'm so anxious to cast on!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 44: What Would Diana Bishop Drink?

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Voolenvine
Nomadic Yarns
Wooly Wonka …

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 42: Cast It On...Cast It ALL On!

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Brew City Yarns
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Yarn Enabler
The Cozy …