Skip to main content

Still. Waiting.

No baby yet.

I had some pretty good contractions two nights ago and thought for sure it was time, as they were not subsiding and seemed to be gathering in strength.  I've learned from past experience with labor to get as much sleep as you can while you can, so hubby and I went to bed once we realized this could be IT.

The contractions were intense enough to wake me up often, though, so I didn't sleep much.  By the time 3 a.m. hit, though, and I was ready for a new disc of "Downton Abbey," they began to lessen and I drifted off for good.  The next thing I knew it was 8 a.m. and there were ZERO signs of labor going on.  *Sigh.*

Since then, I've still been having plenty of sporadic Braxton-Hicks contractions but still no sign of the real deal.  We've been trying to go on daily walks to hopefully get things going, but so far no dice.

Today hubby and I had some rare alone time without the kids, so after running some errands we hit our favorite coffee shop and took a long walk downtown.  The weather has been gorgeous the past few days; pretty warm and sparkling blue skies, so it was a good day for it.

Once we got home we took further advantage of the kids being gone and did some deep cleaning in the house!  Its always my fantasy to bring my baby home to a squeaky clean house, and if she comes within the next few days I might actually get my wish for once!  We mopped floors, vacuumed, dusted, and even did some of those menial tasks that you only do once or twice... a decade, lol!  For example, I cleaned the stair banisters and dusted off the wall lamps.  Seriously... this house is CLEAN.

Many would say I've got some serious nesting going on, but really I'm like this throughout my whole pregnancy.  I don't know what it is, but being knocked up really brings out the OCD in me!  However, I'm so eager to have this baby, that I will choose to believe its a nesting instinct indicating imminent labor.  And how's that for alliteration!?!?

Now, back to waiting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 44: What Would Diana Bishop Drink?

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Voolenvine
Nomadic Yarns
Wooly Wonka …

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 42: Cast It On...Cast It ALL On!

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Brew City Yarns
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Yarn Enabler
The Cozy …