Skip to main content

Waiting for Baby

In between all of the holiday hullabaloo, we have also been doing everything we can to get prepared for our newest little one's arrival.  I finally got my hospital bag packed after a brief visit to the hospital two weeks ago.  At the time I was in need of a procedure that could possibly induce labor or necessitate a c-section, so having my bag packed suddenly went from "I'll-do-it-when-I-feel-like-it" to "priority #1".

Thankfully by the time I got to the hospital and was all hooked up to the monitors we found out the procedure was no longer necessary.  So while I was not super pleased to be up at 6 a.m. for what turned out to be nothing, it was a good dry run!  My hastily-packed hospital bag became an important learning experience, because I forgot a LOT of important items (like my own pillow... I remembered right away how important it is to have your own pillow!).  Ergo, the hospital bag is now packed.

There was something else that I remembered throughout this whole process:  I absolutely hate hospital gowns.  You have to wonder if hospital gown manufacturers go out of their way to make them super ugly?  You know, so people don't steal them?  It makes sense.  During our brief hospital visit I had hubby snap a picture of me in my hospital gown (to add to my already gargantuan pile of photos that I really hope to scrapbook someday).  When I took a good look at it and saw the shapeless, amorphous gown in a shade of gray that would make Gisele Bundchen look like an unsightly block of concrete, I knew I had to do something.

I found these adorable hospital gowns online called "Pretty Pushers."  They are designed specifically for labor (as one would hope with a name like "Pretty Pushers"!) and are colorful and stylish while still allowing access for necessary monitoring of mother and baby by hospital staff.  I ordered one and I love it!

I feel a lot better about the hospital gown situation.  I totally realize that this does not matter at all in the grand scheme of things, but I love being pregnant and having kids.  Why not wear something that I feel beautiful and empowered in?

...Which is why I also had to order these adorable socks!!!  Haha.  (And for the record, I am modeling this sock on my hand; my foot is not this oddly shaped!)
And no, I haven't forgotten the baby.  The baby's diaper bag has been packed for at least a month, if not more.  I keep adding things to it, though.  I've probably got twelve newborn outfits packed for her, which I realize is completely ridiculous for a hospital stay that will be (at most) a few days, and more likely even less.
In a perfect world, I would really like to have the house spotlessly clean, laundry all caught up, and a freezer full of ready-to-eat meals.  I am trying to let this go, knowing it probably WON'T happen.  There are a bunch of meals in the freezer, however, and really with 3 kids there is no such thing as a spotlessly-clean, laundry-free house anyway.  And just think what it is going to be like with 4 kids?!?!?  Yikes.

So we wait.

And wait.

Every morning I wake up and think, "is this the day we are going to meet our baby?"  I am so excited to bring her into this world and introduce her to her brothers!  They have been so anxiously awaiting her arrival, and they are so excited to meet her.  My oldest keeps coming up with names for her, and my youngest points to every baby he sees and says, "is THAT my baby sister?"  Our middle son just likes to talk to my belly, saying things like, "come out and play!"

Having been through this three times before, I know how I get in these last few weeks of pregnancy... irritable and anxious and EXTREMELY impatient!  This being my fourth time around I had the quaint notion that I would be super Zen about it; having the attitude of "when its meant to happen, it will happen."  Alas, a full-on personality transplant did not occur as I had so hoped it would, and there is not a trace of Zen in my mind.  I just want it to happen so bad, and these last few weeks and days are absolutely the hardest for me.

Don't get me wrong, I AM grateful.  I am SO grateful.  As I said earlier, I love having kids, and I love being a mom.  Getting to share this experience with my older kids has been amazing, and I know its only going to get better.

Nevertheless... waiting is still hard!

Any day now, baby... any day now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 44: What Would Diana Bishop Drink?

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Voolenvine
Nomadic Yarns
Wooly Wonka …

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 42: Cast It On...Cast It ALL On!

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Brew City Yarns
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Yarn Enabler
The Cozy …