Skip to main content

Christmas Come and Gone

I've been wanting to blog about the holidays but they were such a whirlwind of last-minute knitting, family get-togethers, cookie baking, and present wrapping (and unwrapping, for that matter), that blogging just kept falling lower and lower on my list of priorities.

So for a quick recap, this was an epic, awesome Christmas.  We were able to spend lots of time with family, my kids had an absolute blast (which means that I had a blast, because most of my Christmas joy comes from their happiness), and did I mention there were a lot of cookies?!?!


Thanks to my obsessive-compulsive/ control-freak nature mixed with my current pregnancy, I feel like I did really well in the department of "getting-things-done."  I got about 85% of my intended Christmas knitting done, and the few things that did not get done were not intended as gifts so I don't feel so bad about that, and they can be done within the next few months (specifically individualized family Christmas ornaments and a stocking for my new baby-to-be).  I had the shopping done much earlier than usual this year, and the wrapping, too.  The kids and I had two marathon cookie-baking sessions that resulted in enough cookies to gift to friends and family and still have MORE than enough for us to enjoy, so that was wonderful.  Once all of that was done I pretty much got to just relax and enjoy this wonderful time of year!

Even our dog got some goodies from Santa, and she was really pleased with her new toy!
The day after Christmas, hubby and I got straight to work dismantling the Christmas tree (which had become quite crispy by that point) and putting away all of the holiday decorations.  I had this creeping fear that I was going to go into labor before we had all of this done, and then I would be stuck with Christmas decorations in our house clear through Easter... oh the things we worry about!!!

That won't happen though, because the decorations are put away and our house is back to "normal" and we can start preparing for the new year and all it has to bring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 53: Hippo Hysteria

A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!



Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page

SHOW NOTES: 

CURRENT PRIZE SPONSORS:

13 Months of Magic KAL:
JavaPurl Designs
Lou, aka TheVFB
With Pointed Sticks
Wild Happy Color
Mint Rain Hand Dyed Yarns
The Yarn Parlor


Anne of Green Gables KAL:  co-hosted with…

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 44: What Would Diana Bishop Drink?

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Voolenvine
Nomadic Yarns
Wooly Wonka …

The Knitting Broomstick: EPISODE 42: Cast It On...Cast It ALL On!

SHOW NOTES
A very big THANK YOU to all of my wonderful and extremely generous prize sponsors, donors, and patrons!  I appreciate you all SO MUCH!

If you are interested in helping the podcast, you can donate through the donation button on this page (on the right hand side) or if you would like to become a patron of the podcast, feel free to check out my Patreon account which can be found at:  http://www.patreon.com/veganjilly

Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you don't miss any episodes!

Also check out the Ravelry group for all the latest KCALs, Fandom Alongs, Giveaways, and delightful conversation!

Other places to find me online at Ravelry, Ello, Instagram, Pinterest, Goodreads, Periscope, Peach, etc. as @veganjilly ; find me on Facebook at  The Knitting Broomstick Facebook Page


YARNS MENTIONED:

Hedgehog Fibres
A Homespun House
The Lemonade Shop
The Yarn At Home Mom
Brew City Yarns
Knitting In France
Pandia's Jewels
Regia Arne and Carlos
Rainbow Heirloom
Yarn Enabler
The Cozy …